Oh, hello there, I didn’t see you there. Welcome back to my heavenly abode, I was just getting ready for a new post, if you would like to join me you are more than welcome to, pull up a seat and get comfortable.
I would like to talk with you today about three main fears of the modern church today, and while this can be a very touchy subject for some people, just because something was a touchy subject hasn’t yet stopped me from speaking about such issues before and it won’t start now, so let’s just get started with identifying the three main fears of the church today, why don’t we?
- 1. The BLOOD
It is a very key factor in the scripture that there is great POWER in his blood, yet many of the modern day churches seem to continue on in removing the ‘blood’ out of their songs, their messages and even in their average conversations with one another, but why is it that people are so afraid to speak of his blood that was shed so we could all have eternal salvation?
- For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. – Matthew 26:28 KJV
- In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: – Colossians 1:14 KJV
- And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is NO remission.
The old song goes that there is POWER in the blood, and it is true, we as Christians have the authority to claim his blood in whatever situation we are in, we are saved by his blood, we are cleansed by his blood we are made new through his blood and his blood alone, demons flee at the sight of his blood, without being covered in his blood we are doomed and I for one am not ashamed of his blood.
However, the blood can be combined with another feared power of the modern church.
- 2. The NAME Of JESUS
Through the word of God we also know that there is GREAT power found only in the NAME of our Lord and Savior JESUS Christ, power strong enough to make demons tremble at the very utterance of it, and power strong enough to heal the sick in body, powerful enough to cleanse us of all our sins, a name with such power that when we call upon it and profess to live by it daily we are saved from death, hell and the grave, yet so many in the modern Church for whatever reason whether it be political or outright fear in spirit they take great precautions in mentioning the precious name of Jesus in a way that would issue a command of authority.
Scripture tells us:
- And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. – Matthew 28:18 KJV
- Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
So many ‘Christians’ claim to believe these things, but when it comes down to the going getting rough they don’t really wanna get ‘tough’ in their faith, they deny Jesus and as it says in timothy, they say they know God yet they deny the power thereof and this is sadly what we are seeing in the modern church today.
There is one last combined power that MUST be combined with the power of the blood and Jesus name.
- 3. The HOLY GHOST
Those of us (like myself) that have experienced it can only go from that, there is really no other way to try and describe the feeling that comes from the power of the Holy Ghost, we can try but no one will really truly ever understand it until they have come to experience it themselves, and while some people think that it’s demonic work of satan they are wrong, and they will just have to take it up with Jesus.
- But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. – Acts 1:8 KJV
- The Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. – Acts 3:6 KJV
- How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. – Acts 10:38 KJV
- And it came to pass that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and of a bloody flux: to whom Paul entered in, and prayed, and laid his hands on him, and healed him.
From the scriptures above we have learned that through the blood of Jesus, through the name of Jesus, with the power of the Holy Ghost we are able to lay hands on the sick and heal them, not of our own power but of the great power of God that only comes from calling on his name, when the blood of Jesus is made combined with his name and the Holy Ghost then we know that great things can happen.
William Booth (Founder Of Salvation Army) Once Said:
“The Chief danger of the 20th century will be religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, and Heaven without Hell.” –
My friends we have arrived to the point where the modern church is filled with such fear to mention any of those key factors in the above quote, especially hell.
- Fear to even mention the BLOOD.
- Fear to even pray in JESUS NAME.
- Fear to even talk about the POWER of the HOLY GHOST.
Brothers, Sisters, there is nothing to fear when it comes to these three key factors of our beliefs, as matter of fact above all else we should be encouraged by knowing that we have authority over this demonic world through his blood, his name and the Holy Ghost, we should rejoice in the fact that these core beliefs make us stand out and stand bold for him, as a bright light reflecting him and his TRUE power.
We must all strive to be better each day, until next time my dear friends remember, continue on in fighting the good fight of faith, so that in the end you may be able to say 2 Timothy 4:7