Well I’m not known for being too conscious of a person’s feelings not always anyways, especially when it comes to their soul.
Today I know that I am touching on a very, well, touchy subject, the majority of ‘Modern Day Christians’ love to quote prosperity verses that are ever so rarely found in the word, and if it is found in the bible, then they are mostly in the old testament.
Not ALL prosperity though, usually the kind of prosperity preachers like is the world kind like, Joel Osteen, T.D. Jakes, Creflo Dollar, Joseph Prince and so many others in the TV preacher world love to talk about, and if you EVER try to call attention to these false teachings then GOD FORBID, how DARE you JUDGE those ‘Men Of God’ how DARE you even consider paying ANY attention to the MULTIPLE verses found right there in the bible WARNING us of wolves like these.
How DARE You:
Or wait, actually… HOW DARE JESUS!
Many people seem to misunderstand the verses context in Matt. 7:1 “Judge Not” as matter of fact, sometimes (if it weren’t for them always quoting OT verses about riches) I would guarantee that “Judge Not” is the only thing they even seen in the bible however we know that the word of God does NOT contradict itself, it goes into a perfect harmony with itself.
When Jesus was telling us not to Judge, he also explained that we SHOULD judge teachers before us, because outwardly they APPEAR to be one of us, but INWARDLY they are ravening WOLVES.
WOLVES my friend.
Don’t blame me, blame Jesus, he said it. (I shouldn’t of even said that, many of you just might.)
Matthew 7:15-23 KJV:
- 15. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
- 16. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
- 17. Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
- 18. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
- 19. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
- 20. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
- 21. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
- 22. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
- 23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. – John 7:24 K.J.V.
The above scriptures in Matthew are very clear that Jesus wanted us to BEWARE of those fluff and puff teachers, teachers of all kinds really, regardless of what they teach, and John is very clear that Jesus instructs us to use some common sense and discern things righteously, the bottom line is if it doesn’t line up with God’s word, then I’m sorry my friends, they are not of God.
I’m NT ONLY:
Because the Old Testament is passed away right? Well there are things that no longer apply and then there are things that do, the thing is though, people get those things mixed up.
When someone is wanting to find a way to support their sinful lifestyle they will quickly point out that in the NT “God is love, God is Grace, Forgiveness, Mercy the OT is meaningless now, don’t get a haircut dude!”
Which is pretty much ALL true, but he is also JUST – HOLY – RIGHTEOUS, and that is something everyone seems to quickly forget, sadly.
Then after stating that they don’t believe in the OT at all, they then refer to it to support their fleshly earthly desires of riches and ‘worldly’ prosperity, no pain, no suffering, no hard road at all.
And many are able to accomplish this, but are they truly ‘living for God?’ I don’t believe so, not entirely anyways, God wants us to be COMPLETELY devoted him, he doesn’t want us in it halfheartedly, we can NOT be fence riders.
I have seen preachers get pretty much everything they ever wanted handed to them, why?
When you give in to the devils temptations and compromise the word of God then you will have people falling head over heels for you too, just as Paul warned in 2nd Timothy.
2 Timothy 3:1-5 KJV:
- 1.This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
- 2. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
- 3. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
- 4. Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
- 5. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2 Timothy 4:3-5 KJV:
- 3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
- 4. And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
- 5. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
Being a Christian is not easy, no it doesn’t have to be all hard either, and it isn’t a ‘religion’ of rules and no fun, not if you don’t make it that way, because it isn’t that way.
You know why?
Because Jesus didn’t say he was one single religion, he didn’t mention that at all, what he said in John 14:6 was that he IS –
THE WAY – THE TRUTH – THE LIFE
NO man comes to the Father but by HIM, he is the ONLY way.
The message of the ‘Prosperity’ gospel holds no logic whatsoever, biblically or figuratively, because the way these prosperity teachers want you to go is to mindlessly unplug the negative cable from your car battery and expect it to take you to work with only the positive cable hooked up.
But come on, if you know how batteries work, you know good and well that if you unplug the negative cable from your car battery then you just aren’t gonna be going anywhere in it.
Because to produce power it requires an equal balance of positive AND negative.
As with life, our life as we know it consist of BOTH equally positive and negative events, and while the positive will always outweigh the bad, just remember, things wouldn’t be nearly the same if we didn’t have the hard events in our life.
The way of Christ isn’t easy, it’s a road of hardship, rejection from the world, hatred from mockers, and sometimes even persecution, but all these things Christ warned of, but fear not.
Because great is your reward in heaven.
There we are, the REAL ‘Prosperity’ Gospel, the prosperity of HEAVEN.
Cotton Candy fluff may taste good, but it’s just sugar and air (which is 99% of what comes out all prosperity preachers) and sugary air won’t keep you sustained, eventually you will perish from lack of nutrition, your health will deteriorate, with this Positivity sunshine and rainbow skittles gospel that Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, Joseph Prince, T.D. Jakes and so many others try to pass off as the real deal, you will eventually find yourself spiritually sick.
So I URGE you to BEWARE of these false prophets, they are leading many to hell with ‘love’.
But Christ with LOVE died on the cross for your sins, suffered the punishment we ALL deserve, so that we could be FREE, if we would only believe in him and his word.
May God bless you and keep you.
And remember, we want to be as true to God as we can, so that in the end we can say.
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: – 2 Timothy 4:7 K.J.V.